Sustainability + Digitisation
Sustainable management with processes that are as lean and digitalised as possible is the focus of the utilities and waste management sector. Regulatory requirements, which are time-critical, must also be taken into account. Finding a balance between these issues is crucial for the success of the project.
Project management is the key to success
Norman Frischmuth, Managing Director of proventis GmbH and PM expert, regularly gives webinars for utilities and waste management companies. The following statements come from the participants and describe the challenges in the industry:
- Too many projects in parallel
- General difficulties with prioritisation/strategy
- Lack of resource planning
- Expert retention (bottleneck)
- Permanent changes ("VUCA")
- Time-critical legal requirements
- Communication (internal/external framework)
- "No more project orders" ???
- Multiple planning of resources
- Support agile and classic approaches
- Discipline of data maintenance poor
- Budget does not match expectation
- Little transparency
- Fear of decisions
- Adherence to deadlines
- Lack of understanding of PM for overall view
- Information about the load of resources is missing / serious planning not possible
Start the right projects at the right time with targeted multi-project management
Strategic goals are brought into line with operational projects using portfolio management. The annual planning of the strategic roadmap based on specific measures is supported by a clear view of the resource situation. IT and the specialist departments provide resources for important projects according to their availability and the required skills.
Clearly structured coordination and approval processes increase the efficiency of all projects and avoid friction losses for all involved.
Despite good planning, the available resources will not be sufficient to implement all requirements on time. This makes it all the more important to examine and prioritise all pending measures and projects within an assessment process. The goal must be to be able to start the right projects at the right time. This saves on the utilisation of project resources. Decisions can be made about the allocation of resources and budget based on a strong factual foundation.
Sustainable multi-project management for your utilities and waste management company with Blue Ant
Sustainable project management means implementing the right projects with the given resources for the benefit of the organisation and consequently the end customers. In this context, project eligibility checks and the prioritisation of projects play an important role. Regulatory projects, which are fixed in terms of deadlines and sometimes also content, reduce the flexibility of all projects. It is therefore all the more important to prioritise projects in order to be able to allocate resources and budgets in a strategically sensible way.
How does Blue Ant support you?
- Blue Ant provides a freely configurable project life cycle directly as a workflow. For each project category or project type, you can map various degree-of-development or maturity models: Everything is possible in Blue Ant, from the project idea to project evaluation, prioritisation, clarification, planning, implementation and operation. Various stakeholders can be integrated in a four- or multiple-eye principle.
- The flexibility of Blue Ant with regard to customised fields and screens, which you can define yourself, enables the mapping of complex scoring models and the integration of scoring into all relevant evaluations and overviews of Blue Ant.
- Blue Ant's resource management helps you to find suitable resources, with resource request and approval processes, team planning and with the simulation of utilisation scenarios in the portfolio.